NOTICE OF NONDISCRIMINATION
In accordance with all applicable state and federal laws and regulations cited below*, Community Health and Counseling Services (CHCS) does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, pay transparency, and status as a protected veteran, or any other trait that is protected under local, state or federal law in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its programs or activities.
CHCS has an Affirmative Action Program (AAP) which is available for inspection by any applicant or employee at the Human Resources office between 8:30 and 4:00 on any work day. Individuals wishing to inspect the AAP should contact the Director of Human Resources to establish a time which is convenient to review the material.
The person whose name appears below has been designated to coordinate our efforts to comply with the U. S. Department of Labor regulations implementing these Federal laws. You may contact this person for further information about these regulations and our grievance procedure for the resolution of discrimination complaints.
Paige Allen, Director of Human Resources
(Name and Title of Designated Coordinator)
Main Headquarters: 42 Cedar Street
Bangor, ME 04401
Telephone Number: 207-947-0366
TTY Number: 207-990-4730
- Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended. (42 U.S.C. §2000e.);
- Title I and Title V of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended. (42 U.S.C. § 12101);
- Executive Order 11246, as amended (41 CFR § 60-300.5(a), 41 CFR § 60-741.5(a), and 41 CFR § 60-1.4(a))
- Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended (29 U.S.C. §791);
The Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, as amended (38 U.S.C. § 4212)
- Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967, as amended (42 U.S.C. §621);
- Title II of the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act of 2008;
- Section 1557 of the Affordable Care Act;
Community Health and Counseling Services will provide community health services that are needed and valued by the communities and individuals we serve.